TIME 4 VANILLA COCONUT PANCAKES
60g Self Raising Flour
2 Scoops Time 4 Nutrition Whey Protein Vanilla Coconut Milk Flavour
2 tbs Stevia (I find this is the best sweetener for baking to avoid burning/too sweet of a taste)
½ tsp Baking Powder
1 Whole Egg
125ml Unsweetened Almond Milk/Skimmed Milk (depending on your preference)
Fairly similar in calories but a much more balanced meal that has almost double the amount of protein and a little over half the amount of carbohydrates (significantly less simple carbohydrates). Before you even think it, NO CARBS ARE NOT THE ENEMY! Proteins and fats however do make us feel satiated for longer than simple carbohydrates.
Calories are king at the end of the day for weight loss but being clever in where these calories are from can make dieting a whole lot easier! Get to know what is in your foods people!
1) Sift the Self Raising Flour, Time 4 Whey Protein, Stevia, and Baking Powder into a mixing bowl and mix gently
2) Whisk the Egg and Milk into the dry mixture
3) Heat a frying pan on a low heat (too high can cause the Stevia to burn)
4) Lightly cover the pan with spray oil and pour in the mixture (this recipe roughly makes 6x 10cm diameter pancakes)
5) Flip when small bubbles begin to form on top of the pancakes
7) Serve with your choice of topping (e.g. zero calorie syrups or fruit). For a high protein syrup mix 1 scoop of Time 4 Whey Protein with a few drops of water