TIME 4 PLUM & VANILLA HIGH PROTEIN MUFFINS
To make this Plum & Vanilla High Protein Muffins recipe, you will need:
Approx. 300ml/ 5fl oz skimmed milk, or 150ml skimmed milk and 150ml natural yoghurt
Approx. 100g chopped fresh ripe plums, sweet or otherwise according to taste
1 medium ripe banana
1 small avocado
1. Sift all dry ingredients together into a mixing bowl.
2. Mash or blitz avocado and banana together to form as smooth a paste as possible (these form the binding agent - a nice way of getting some extra fruit into a recipe).
3. If using milk and yoghurt, whisk them together in the measuring jug.
4. Add the avocado and banana mixture to the dry ingredients and mix carefully. Then add the milk or milk and yoghurt mixture and mix carefully, ensuring you incorporate the dry ingredients at the bottom of the bowl.
5. Gently stir in the chopped plums so they are evenly distributed.
6. Spoon into as many muffin cases or silicon muffin forms that you find the mixture fills. Larger ones it may be 12, smaller ones will mean it makes up to 18. I made 2 smaller plus an extra 6 larger.
7. Bake in a preheated fan oven at 190 °C/374 °F/Gas mark 5 for around 20 minutes. NB: keep an eye on them because they can start to turn darker than you might expect due to the protein powder caramelising. If this is happening, turn the oven down slightly after the first 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in trays for around 5 minutes to allow solidification/binding, then finish cooling on a wire rack. Ahem.. can also be eaten warm.
No sugar or vanilla extract needed since the protein powder is sweet enough already. This is a good way of eating healthy, fresh ingredients and they turn out nice and light. The friends I’ve had try them say they’re tasty. Anyone wishing to leave out banana and/or avocado can substitute 1 medium whisked egg for each. In that case, whisk eggs into milk or milk and yoghurt.
Try this delicious Plum & Vanilla High Protein Muffins Recipe today.
TASTY TIME 4 TREATS
We have worked with one of Italy’s leading flavour houses to produce some of the best tasting sports supplements available.
Our Time 4 Whey Protein is an ideal product to use to make high protein deserts, protein bars, protein flapjacks and other healthy treats. The flavours are delicious and so easy to work with.
Also try using our Time 4 Collagen + which can easily be added to hot and cold drinks and virtually any recipe as it mixes easily, is unflavoured, has a very neutral taste and is gluten free, dairy free, lactose free, GMO free, sugar free and fat free.
Our customers are always sending in recipe ideas and we love to share them on our website so you can try them at home. If you have a recipe that uses our products and you would like to share it then please drop us an email with the ingredients, method, and some good images. If you can also work out the macros that would be a great help as this makes it a lot easier to work these treats into your diet whether that would be low fat, low carbs or keto.
Check out our other recipe pages to find high protein porridge, protein overnight oats, protein doughnuts, protein pancakes, protein brownies, protein flapjacks, protein bites, protein truffles, protein cheesecake, protein ice cream, protein waffles, protein cakes, protein yoghurt and much more.