What is a glucose disposal agent?
What is a Glucose Disposal Agent?
(Click 0n Nutritional Terms And Reference Numbers in Blue For More Info)
Glucose is the body’s preferred fuel. It comes from the breakdown of the carbohydrate we consume and is the predominant energy source for high intensity activities lasting from 30-seconds to approximately 90-120 seconds, such as performing a set of 8-20 repetitions of a resistance exercise at a high intensity, or 30 second maximal sprints.
Glucose Disposal Agents (GDAs) are substances that aid the uptake of Glucose from the blood stream into the muscle tissue where it can be used immediately to fuel activity, or can be stored in the muscles and liver as Glycogen to provide energy when needed later. GDAs increase muscle cells sensitivity to Insulin therefore reducing the need for high levels in the blood and helping to ensure that the carbohydrate we consume is used as fuel for activity rather than stored as body fat, and so potentially enhance performance, recovery, and Body Composition.
Reducing the levels of glucose and insulin in the blood can provide many health benefits as both high levels of blood glucose and insulin sustained for long periods are related to a variety of serious health problems.
Complications of long-term high blood glucose levels include:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Nerve damage (neuropathy)
- Kidney damage (diabetic nephropathy) or kidney failure
- Damage to the blood vessels of the retina (diabetic retinopathy), potentially leading to blindness
- Clouding of the normally clear lens of the eye (cataract)
- Feet problems caused by damaged nerves or poor blood flow that can lead to serious skin infections, ulcerations, and in some severe cases, amputation
- Bone and joint problems
- Teeth and gum infections
Complications of long-term high blood insulin levels include:
- Higher triglyceride levels
- High uric acid
- Hardening of the arteries (artherosclerosis)
- Weight gain
- Type 2 diabetes
Why use Time 4 GDA?
The key ingredients of Time 4’s Glucose Disposal Agent have been shown scientifically to provide a number of benefits for health and performance.
- Improved skeletal muscle metabolism during exercise (1)
- Reduced body fat levels (2,3,4,5)
- Reduced Muscle Atrophy (6)
- Reduced Oxidative Stress (7)
- Reduced LDL (bad) Cholesterol (5,8)
- Reduced Triglycerides (9)
- Reduced Insulin Resistance (10)
- Reduced inflammation (11)
- Improved Glycaemic Control (3,4,11,12,13)
- Improved Leptin levels (10)
- Improved Blood Lipid profile (2,8)
- Lower blood pressure (14)
- Improved mood (15)