What is whey protein?
Whey protein is the protein fraction of whey, the liquid portion of milk that separates from the curds during the cheese making process.
It is a complete, high-quality, easily digested protein, containing all of the essential amino acids and various other important nutrients for health and performance.
Scientific studies have demonstrated the wide variety of benefits whey protein can provide.
These include (Click on the number to see the corresponding research paper) :
- The promotion of muscle growth (1)
- Reduction of body fat (1)
- Improved immune function (1)
- Increased metabolism (2)
- Suppression of appetite (3)
- Maintenance of muscle mass during weight loss (4)
- Reduction in blood pressure (5)
- Improve blood glucose levels in type 2 diabetics (6)
- Reduction of unhealthy blood fats (7)
- Increased production of glutathione, the body’s master antioxidant (8)